FOOTBALL WORLD

dinsdag 22 mei 2012

Cristiano Ronaldo reflects on season

Ronaldo: 'I'd give my season a ten'

Cristiano Ronaldo bettered his record-breaking goal tally to score 46 in La Liga this season

Cristiano Ronaldo has appraised his 2011-12 season at Real Madrid as a perfect ten, whilst the performance of his team as a whole is worthy of a mere nine out of ten.

Ronaldo, 27, notched 57 goals this campaign, including 46 in La Liga, bettering his record-breaking tallies of the previous season. He has been tipped by manager Jose Mourinho to win the prestigious FIFA Ballon d'Or award in December.

Despite his flawless individual campaign, Ronaldo sees room for improvement in his Real Madrid team, despite a La Liga season that saw them reach 100 points, whilst their tally of 121 goals was also a record.

"I would give my season a ten on an individual level and collectively a nine, because we wanted to win more titles - the Champions League for example," Ronaldo told Spanish newspaper AS.

"We've been close this year, but we need to stay calm. The tenth will arrive in the next season or two. We know that everyone is focused on winning the Champions League. You notice it in the street, but we need to stay calm.''

On Mourinho's claim that he is the prime candidate for the Ballon d'Or award, Ronaldo agreed, but added that personal awards did not concern him much with Euro 2012 kicking-off in a couple of weeks.

"I'm not the one who judges who deserves to win the Ballon d'Or, but I think I've had a fantastic season. I've won the most difficult league in the world," Ronaldo added

"I agree with what Mourinho said, but what I want now is to have a great European Championships, because that could also help me in the Ballon d'Or, although honestly it's not a matter that concerns me much. I'm happy with the season that I've had, but I'm already only thinking of helping my country now.''

Source: ESPN

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten