FOOTBALL WORLD

vrijdag 14 oktober 2011

Van Persie - I’ve not felt this fit for years



Robin van Persie says he has never felt in better condition playing for Arsenal.

The striker has enjoyed a fruitful campaign in the red and white, scoring five goals on his way to becoming the Club’s 17th centurion.

Matches have arrived thick and fast already this season but Van Persie admits he is recovering quicker than he has done for years.

“I played 90 minutes in both international games, and I feel great,” he told the Official Matchday Programme. “I feel so fit these days, I recover well, don’t have any pain, and feel really good.

“I’m enjoying it, playing all the games, doing all the training sessions. A couple of years ago, I had periods where I struggled to play two 90 minutes in a few days, but now I can do it, recover well, and for me it’s the best feeling for years.

“I also love the fact that the international week is over on a Tuesday - it gives you an extra day, and with our game being on a Sunday, we have two extra days, so it should be like a normal week for us.”



Source: Arsenal.com

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten