FOOTBALL WORLD

vrijdag 14 oktober 2011

Carlos Tevez trains alone upon Manchester City return


Tevez arrives back at Man City on Thursday... and trains alone

The striker arrived at the Carrington complex at 1210 BST on Thursday and was put through his paces by a club physio.

Carlos Tevez has returned to Manchester City after serving his two-week suspension - and trained alone.
On Wednesday evening, City announced Tevez, 27, would be facing disciplinary proceedings over allegations he refused to play in last month's Champions League defeat at Bayern Munich.
The club said he had a case to answer over an alleged breach of contract.
Tevez had not been expected to train with City's first-team squad and instead underwent a fitness session and assessment.
It is unclear whether the Argentina striker will be kept away from his team-mates for the entire duration of the formal disciplinary process.
City suspended Tevez for two weeks on full pay after the Bayern game while they gathered evidence.
After the match, City boss Roberto Mancini said: "Tevez refused to play."
But, in a statement released the following day, Tevez said the dispute was a "misunderstanding". It is believed that the Argentina international stands by that view and categorically refutes the accusation he refused to play.
It is understood the formal disciplinary proceedings will take the form of a hearing to be staged during the next fortnight.
A senior City figure who has not been part of the initial investigation will chair this hearing.
Tevez can request that club captain Vincent Kompany or a member of the Professional Footballers' Association to be present.
If the ruling goes against him, he could then appeal - with that hearing likely to involve a representative of the Abu Dhabi-based owners.
If he is again unsuccessful, Tevez would be able take his case to the Premier League, meaning the dispute may not be settled until mid-December.
Sam Allardyce believes Tevez's best chance of playing again before the January transfer window is in the Championship with West Ham.
City have already rejected such a move but the Hammers' boss said: "When the decision is finally made regarding what's happening with Carlos then perhaps the co-chairman David Sullivan might want to pursue it.
"What might be in our favour is an emergency loan down into the championship, if he wants to play football.
"The Championship is the only option for him to play football from now until January and we'll see what happens after that."
Source: BBC Sport

woensdag 12 oktober 2011

Steven Gerrard may start for Liverpool against Manchester United.

Steven Gerrard to return to the Liverpool midfield

Steven Gerrard's return to the Liverpool midfield could cause problems for the £20m summer signing Jordan Henderson. 

Steven Gerrard is in contention to make his first Liverpool start in seven months against Manchester United on Saturday as he continues his recovery from a groin injury.
The Liverpool captain has not started a competitive fixture since the 3-1 win over Sir Alex Ferguson's side at Anfield on 6 March, a contest that aggravated a persistent groin problem and left the 31-year-old requiring surgery.
Gerrard's scheduled return for the start of this season was delayed due to a virus connected to the operation but he has made three substitute appearances for Kenny Dalglish's team since 21 September and, having been omitted from the England squad who secured qualification for Euro 2012 against Montenegro last week, is pushing for a starting role against United.
Liverpool have handled the return of their influential captain carefully and were grateful that approach was reflected in Fabio Capello's selection policy against Montenegro. The extra fortnight's training has increased Gerrard's prospects of a return in the lunchtime game at Anfield, when Liverpool will be seeking a fourth successive home league victory over their great rivals.
Jordan Henderson, Liverpool's £20m summer signing from Sunderland, has admitted Gerrard's improving fitness could have repercussions for his first‑team prospects but insists he will respond to the competition.
The England Under-21 captain has made a slow start to his Liverpool career although, prior to the recent Merseyside derby win at Everton, he had been a regular in Dalglish's starting plans. Henderson said: "I am not really worried about that [Gerrard's return]. I think it's part and parcel of football. Stevie is a massive player and is going to play in most games but I just need to concentrate on what I need to do and make sure I work hard every day in training. Given the opportunity, I need to take it and make sure I stay in the team."
Henderson admits it was a setback to be omitted at Goodison Park but believes he has adjusted well to the big‑money move from his hometown club in the summer. The midfielder said: "The derby is a massive game and everybody wants to play in it. So I was a little bit disappointed not to start but the team did brilliantly and got a great result and I was fortunate to come on as well.
"There were still a lot of positives to come out of the game and hopefully I can start the next one. I think I have settled in OK. I am enjoying my time here and the lads have been brilliant, as well as the fans. I now need to kick on and do even better."
Source: guardian.co.uk

EURO 2012 Qualifying round.







dinsdag 11 oktober 2011

Kuyt strikes for Holland



Dirk Kuyt was on target but Holland's 100 per cent record in Euro 2012   qualifying came to an end with a 3-2 defeat at the hands of Sweden.


The Liverpool forward netted with a 50th minute header at the Rasunda Stadion to put the Dutch 2-1 in front on the night, but the hosts scored twice in the space of 60 seconds shortly after to clinch victory.
However, Holland's place as the winners of Group E was already assured prior to kick-off.
Elsewhere, Kuyt's fellow Anfield frontman Craig Bellamy played the 90 minutes as Wales secured fourth place in Group G with a 1-0 triumph over Bulgaria in Sofia.
Meanwhile, there was disappointment for Charlie Adam's Scotland who saw their hopes of clinching a play-off berth dashed by a 3-1 defeat to Spain. The Reds midfielder figured for 63 minutes in Alicante.
Source: Liverpoolfc.tv

Football Stream for today!

Great games tonight. Watch them here: 






zondag 9 oktober 2011

woensdag 5 oktober 2011

Jose Mourinho of Real Madrid suspended for two games


Mourinho has been critical of Barcelona throughout his reign as Real Madrid manager
Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho has been banned for two matches for jabbing his finger into the eye of Barcelona's assistant coach.
The Spanish football federation has suspended Mourinho for an incident that occurred towards the end of the Supercopa match between the sides.
Barcelona assistant Tito Vilanova was banned for one match for slapping Mourinho during a brawl.
Three players were sent off in the tie, won 3-2 by Barcelona, on 17 August.
Madrid duo Marcelo and Mezut Ozil and Barca's David Villa were dismissed as the Catalan side won 3-2 to take the trophy 5-4 on aggregate.
As players scrapped on the field, television pictures showed former Chelsea manager Mourinho walking over to Vilanova, manager Pep Guardiola's assistant, and poking him in the eye.
Mourinho later issued a letter apologising for his behaviour, but only to Madrid supporters.
Barcelona said immediately after the game that they would not report Mourinho, but the Spanish federation intervened.
Source: BBC Sport