Milan fails to reach Carlos Tevez deal
AC Milan has failed to reach an agreement with Manchester City on a move for striker Carlos Tevez, sources told Sky Sports Thursday.
The defending Serie A champions' CEO, Adriano Galliani, was in England to conclude the deal but negotiations could not be successfully completed.
Reports suggested Milan wanted the unsettled Argentina ace on loan but City wanted to sell him outright.
Galliani had said personal terms were agreed with Tevez earlier this week and the end of a long-running transfer saga seemed to be in sight.
The move reportedly fell through, however, when Milan striker Alexandre Pato, the man Tevez was predicted to replace, decided to snub a move to Paris Saint-Germain.
Inter Milan has also been interested in Tevez and news of the stumbling block between its local rival and City could reignite interest.
The 27-year-old has not played for City since the Carling Cup game against Birmingham at the end of September.
His absence came after his now-infamous refusal to warm up as a substitute against Bayern Munich in the UEFA Champions League.
Tevez was consequently the subject of an internal disciplinary process and City manager Roberto Mancini has since been keen for the Argentinian to leave.
Paris St-Germain make Pato offer
Big spending Paris St-Germain has made an offer for unsettled Milan striker Alexandre Pato, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport.
The Brazilian has been the subject of intense transfer speculation after hints of a rift with Milan tactician Massimiliano Allegri last month.
With Leonardo a director at PSG and Carlo Ancelotti the new Coach of the table-topping French side, Pato has become a main transfer target. The Qatar-backed club has reportedly offered €28m for Pato.
Should Milan seal a deal for Manchester City want-away Carlos Tevez in January they are believed to be willing to sacrifice Pato now, otherwise the move would not take place until June, writes the newspaper.